Saturday, November 8, 2008

Finally!!!

Ok, I know that it has been forever! However, I still don't have time for a full update! I'm hoping to sit down and write the details of my life soon! I tend to get my every minute filled up quickly these days ;-) I guess that happens when you only have a month or so left in this country!

I had my interview today with the church in Keynsham, England. It went really well! I have been praying about the different things I was looking for in a church, such as a strong leadership, driven teens, positive and effective ministry, a strong emphasis on outreach, and a good music and drama program. I also knew I didn't want a very large church, however I wasn't particularly picky about that, lol. I knew this was a lot to pray for but then again, God can do anything, right?

Right! This church is exactly what I was looking for. And after out talk today, I've realized that they were really interested in me too! They said that they would contact me in the next couple of days... so I was expecting to have to wait at least a day or so...

But when I got home this afternoon, I got an email from John. He works with the local churches in Keynsham.

"Dear Shelley,

That was an excellent use of the webcam!! We were very, very encouraged with our meeting and believe you have a lot to offer to what the Lord is doing here.

I have contacted Kyle and he will be sending a contract form to us to complete and when ICY have agreed it they will send you a copy to look at.

Be assured of our prayers for you - please pray for us as we speak to the Church Council on Tuesday evening to agree the way forward.

Have a good w/e.

Blessings,

John"

I'm not sure if this gives a for sure "Yes." It sounds like there are a few more people to ok it before being permanent, but it certainly sounds close! I'll keep you all updated as soon as I know more!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Shell, this certainly sounds promising! Good for you! THanks for keeping us updated.