Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Livin' on a Prayer!

"Woah, we're half way there
Woah, livin' on a prayer
Take my hand, We'll make it I swear
Woah, livin on a prayer!"


Ok, it's official... I have hit "the waiting stage." It's been a few days now since I have heard anything from ICY, which isn't a bad thing, but it's me being patient that's tough. As you recall, last Saturday I was supposed to have a phone interview with Colin, but as he also predicted, the day was full for him and we weren't able to fit it in. Now, we have rescheduled for tomorrow around 10:45. I'm praying that it all works out, considering that I wont have much time to talk to him.

Although, even with the waiting time, I will be keeping busy. Pastor Andy and I had a very good talk this weekend and he is looking forward to stepping up my leadership opportunities now that he knows my future goals. He said he has lots of training he could go through with me, but doesn't know how much time we'll have. We're also looking at lots of new things he has planned for the school year. Depending on how long I will be here, I am planning on heading up the first Freeway Youth group Drama team. Pastor Andy has a big plan for this (and more) and we're all looking forward to how it's going to pan out. We will also be preparing to add a puppet team and full coffee shop in the hebrew's cafe. The plans are already in action and I can't wait to see the end result! I'm so thankful for Andy and how he's really pushing our Youth group to focus more on ministry and less on entertaining the kids... :( I'll keep you updated on all the new stuff coming up!

Last week, at the monthly, "Wednesday Night Live" my dear friend, Greg Speck, spoke to the teens about "an alternative to dating: friendships that grow." As always, he did a great job and everyone loved him. It was so exciting to see him getting to know and interacting with my home youth group. Pastor Andy was very impressed and wants to have him back in the winter for a talk about "God in our lives: is He enough?" If you've ever heard him speak, (especially to teens) you'll understand how much fun he is to listen too. Teens love comedy... and Greg definitely has it.

Not to mention that Awana's is starting in the next few weeks! Woohoo!!! This year, they have moved me up again. Three years ago, I started helping with the music and Drama for the older kids (T&T), which they saw that this was one of my gifts. So the next year, they had me running the drama and working with Jo Ott to take over the music. Then last year, I was heading up the music (for T&T and the sparks), drama and speaking on occasion (just T&T) whenever they had a free night. Now, this year, they has asked me to step up to over see the the music/drama for the whole program. I also have been specifically asked to speak to the kids (of all ages). Of course, I don't want to take credit for this... It's God who uses me to speak in a way the kids will understand. I'm looking very forward to this year... I will be working equally with both the T&T and the sparks. I can't wait to see all the kids again and watch them benefit from Awana, the same way I know I did. It's such a great program!

Also, the choirs will be starting up pretty soon. Which means that my schedule will be quite full. This year, we will be putting on the Christmas program "I'll be home for Christmas." It's the same program put on about 5 years ago. It takes place in the mid 50's and centers around a normal American family. We've already started on the preparations for it and soon will launch the music and drama! I will once again be working as the assistant under Pat and head Drama coach. My Christmas season will be full, but so rewarding! Everyone seems to be involved in this on including the Adult choir, teen choir, and the big band. It's going to be a great show!

So, ask you can see, my schedule is quite full for the next couple of months... If the ICY program works out, I'll be working right up until Christmas time, and then it will be off to Texas to visit Mom and Dad and then I'll have a small break before my big adventure. I'm taking delight in the fact that right now, I still have free time ;) Soon, I'll be juggling 2 jobs, youth group, awana, choir/the christmas program, and the preparation for ICY. It will be hard to find the free time in there... but for now I'm just livin' on a prayer!

2 comments:

Larry and Debbie King said...

I just love the way you write...and the way you're looking at your life. I just will keep praying that your keep your eyes on God and keep your priorities straight!

Unknown said...

Wow, I had no idea you had so much on your plate! It's tough being talented, huh? ;)