Saturday, August 23, 2008

The first big step

So, the search for more answers continues as I chug along the journey to serve God. I sent an email to Colin, the director of ICY, and have not heard anything back quite yet. However, after talking to my family, friends, and people at church, I feel very positive about this opportunity. I have decided to go ahead and take the first big step and fill out an application. I don't know if I will get accepted (I heard the application process is long and difficult, here's an explanation of it) but I am willing to give it a try. I began filling out the application tonight. I got most of the basic stuff filled out... but then I came to a question about my gifts and passions. This took some time to think (I don't like writing about myself). After a lot of of writing and rewriting, and a long talk with my mom, I got it figured out. Now, I have the rest to finish... thankfully I have a while before I have to turn it in.

If you have anymore questions, there is a page of frequently asked Q/A. It really gave me some good answers to my questions (even ones that I didn't know I had.)

Thanks for the prayers and I'll keep you updated!

1 comment:

The Kings said...

I'm proud of you for your diligence in pursuing this...I can feel your passion as seek God's will. I'll keep praying!